It is said that one of the most stressful event in our lives is moving. Imagine living on the third floor of a building and the sun is scorching hot above you. We hire professional companies that provide removals in Sydney because we don’t want to do the task ourselves but when things did not go as planned, we quickly blame the company.
Professional removalists shared that oftentimes, the stress of moving is caused by the homeowners themselves because of their behaviour on moving day. This is why the experts have shared tips on how the tasks can be lighter despite the stress.
First and foremost, there should be respect between the removalist and the client. A professional removalist said that everything they do is meant to make the process easier. The job is often undertaken by the unskilled therefore different kinds of individuals. This means that you will meet not just the smartest people but also the average ones. This does not discount the fact that everyone should be given the same level of respect. The job is rewarding which is why many choose to do it but the risks involved is also great as they are using their body to accomplish the tasks.
Professional removalists also shared important tips to follow when packing their belongings.
- Flat-pack furniture should be disassembled prior to moving because they are not designed for moving and not as durable.
- Make sure the boxes have tape on two sides because it helps reinforce them when stacking inside the truck.
- Drawers should not be transported with items inside. Trinkets inside drawers should be packed in a separate box because it is dangerous to move a heavy drawer full of items.
- Do not expect the removalists to help you with packing when you did not pay for a packing service. The items should be ready to be moved on the agreed time as it takes up their time to wait if packing is not done yet.
- According to professional removals in Sydney, it is not recommended to water your pot plants a day before the move as it can be very heavy.