The travel and tourism sector is undergoing many changes as a result of advanced technology and with an increased ease of travelling between different countries and continents. The preferences and requirements of the travellers are constantly changing due to increased access to information using various sites and apps on the tablets and Smart phones. The travel trends for 2018 are as follows:
- There is a constant rise in people preferring self-planned holidays. Holiday agents are losing out to the customer himself. The traveller is more interested in choosing the destinations and plans the activities depending on personal tastes and preferences. He is willing to spend on luxurious stays in 5 and 4 star properties. For example, if a tourist wants to plan a holiday in Pattaya, he gets all the information about the places of interest and book luxurious stay in the best 5 or 4 star resort in Pattaya with a click of the mouse. This convenience helps the customers to plan their holidays with ease.
- More and more travellers prefer to experience the local hospitality. They prefer to create experiences rather than thronging to crowded tourist attractions.
- Road trips are slowly gaining popularity as the preferred mode of transport. The young and energetic travellers prefer to chart out their own routes and explore their favourite destinations at their own pace. There is an increasing demand of bike and car rentals.
- Food tourism is also the latest trend. More and more travellers prefer to taste the local cuisines of the places they visit. There is an increasing tilt towards food tours that offer an authentic experience. For this reason, most of the 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts have restaurants that serve local cuisines.
- Solo woman trips are on the rise. More and more women are opting for these trips. With an increased economic independence and security features, solo women travel is slowly gaining popularity.
- Travel for wellness is on the rise. Travellers prefer to travel to countries and resort cities like Pattaya, where there are large number of resorts and spas. The 5 and 4 star resort in Pattaya have in-house spa and wellness centres that offer advanced therapies using natural and traditional ingredients to relax and rejuvenate their guests.