Asia has a lot to offer in terms of exotic beaches, delicious cuisine and rich history. For this year, Lonely Planet has released the top must visit places for tourists.
- Hokkaido, Japan. Hokkaido is located in the most northern part of the main island of Japan. It is known for its skiing volcanoes as well as hot springs. According to Lonely Planet, Hokkaido made a name because of the perfect powder snow it boasts but tourists were also captivated by the charm it hold all throughout the year, whatever the season.
- Shanghai, China. The biggest city in China boasting a population of 24 million. A Disney resort has been opened this year and the Shanghai Tower, the second tallest in the world, is already completed.
- Jeonju, South Korea. A city located in South Korea which is famous for its food. UNESCO calls this city “Creative City for Gastronomy”.
- Con Dao Islands, Vietnam. This is the main attraction in Vietnam nowadays. The connecting flight from Ho Chi Minh City has been improved in order for tourist to enjoy the islands’ seafood and beaches.
- Hong Kong, China. Hong Kong used to be the under the colony of Britain but now it is a modern city located at the southeastern part of China and famous for its skyline. There is a 50 square kilometers geopark that was designed by UNESCO located in the northeast part of the region.
- Ipoh, Malaysia. Ipoh is the capital of Perak which is a state of Malaysia. It is a food capital not known to many and boasts a unique hotel called Sekeping Kong Heng.
- Pemuteran, Indonesia. It is located in the northwestern part of Bali and is known for its beaches. This is not yet packed with tourists and perfect for anyone wanting to relax by the beach.
- Trang Islands, Thailand. Located in the southern part of Thailand, it is accessible by boats coming from Krabi or Phuket.
- Meghalaya, India. It is located in the northeastern part of the Indian state. Known for tourists who love to hike, climb and water raft.
- Taitung, Taiwan. This city is situated in the southeastern part of Taiwan located near the Pacific Ocean.
Tourists planning to take a holiday should book now the perfect accommodation such as resort accommodation in Krabi to avoid the peak season.