Thailand – Most people would think that hiring an attorney would only add a significant number to the costs of real estate transactions but if you would think about it much clearly, and understand what a real estate lawyer can do for you, you would realize that it can actually be a very good investment.
There are numerous ways that a real estate lawyer can help you.
- Drafting Documents. One of the primary jobs that a real estate lawyer does is to draft documents. These lawyers would prepare deeds for conveyance transactions, legal instruments for leases and even rental agreements. They are known to draft purchase agreements and contracts and while real estate agents and brokers may be allowed to fill these documents, only a real estate lawyer can draft them.
- Negotiating and Making Contracts. Any individual can negotiate face-to-face but with real estate lawyers, their vast knowledge and experience give them an advantage and make them adept at negotiating terms and conditions as memorialized by contracts.
- Reviewing Transactions. There are real estate lawyers that only involve themselves in reviewing and providing legal advice on real estate transactions. Real estate lawyers would examine the legal titles and look for issues on the contracts and documents that only they could recognize. Having a real estate lawyer backing you up gives you a fair advantage.
- When transactions fail and a lawsuit is inevitable, real estate lawyers would be able to represent their clients in the litigation. When this happens, their duties would include drafting legal pleadings with the judge, attending and representing the clients during hearings and trials, and even bargaining with the opposing party to work out settlements.
- During hard times and if mortgage and trust deed foreclosures cannot be avoided, real estate lawyers in Bangkok would be able to guide and represent either lenders or borrowers. They will help lenders file a suit and if they are on the side of the borrowers, they would have to challenge any and all the mistakes in the foreclosure process and negotiate with the lender for a settlement.