Many would be hiring a professional for carpet cleaning in Perth but how do you manage it on your own? The holiday is coming up and it is important to maintain it clean and spot-free until the guests arrive. Maintenance can be done with the following things to remember:
- Regular care is the best way to make sure that your carpet will remain clean. Make sure to remove your shoes before stepping on the carpet. Do not walk on it barefoot either because human feet have natural oils that can attract dirt. The best thing to do is wear socks or slippers intended for indoor use only. If you have the time to vacuum every day, it is recommended to make sure dust and dirt do not stick too long on the fibres. Your vacuum should have HEPA filter and replace it once every six months.
- In case of visible stains, it is best to do a deep-cleaning. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, professional carpet cleaning should be done between one and four times annually. The frequency will depend on how much traffic goes through the carpet every day. Professional cleaning will not only remove visible dirt and stain but those invisible to the human eyes as well. Your health may be affected by a dirty carpet because it easily traps mildew, bacteria, mould and dust.
- If you are to hire a professional cleaner, ask their method of cleaning. The most effective method is deep extraction using hot water. If you are thinking about renting a cleaning machine at your local hardware instead of hiring a professional cleaner, keep in mind that these machines have lower power compared to those used by carpet cleaning companies.
- Different cleaning solutions should be used in different types of carpet. This is one thing that a professional carpet cleaner will know. If you opt to do it, you must know what to use or you will damage your carpet or shorten its life.
- Lastly, choose only a company that does carpet cleaning in Perth if they have certificates and legal business permits to show.