Most people think that finding the best hotel deals is a simple task. But frequent travelers know how hard it actually is. This is because hotel prices and deals are always constantly changing, if not daily, then hourly. Of course, it would be easy to think that there is an app they can use to find the best hotel. Unfortunately, if there is any, it is highly doubtable that these apps are accurate. Compared to using apps, it would be much better if you conduct a manual online search, going through site to site because each site can offer different deals, one may be just right for you.
If you are not that familiar with hotel deals, then here are some tips that you can use to find the best deals in the hotels in Tel Aviv.
- Personally Call the Hotel. Probably the best way to get a great hotel deal is to personally call the hotel yourself. Try to see if they could match or beat the deals you have found from other hotels online. There are also instances where hotels would throw in extras such as Wi-Fi for free.
- Know the Total Costs. Make sure that you know about everything that the hotel is charging. This would have to include extra charges such as Wi-Fi, parking or even late night checkouts.
- Look for Small Hotels that Don’t Appear in Major Sites. There are a number of hotels that do not want to pay for site commissions. Usually, these sites would be eager to offer their clients good deals for the sake of filling up vacancies.
- Go without Reservations. This could be a great way to get a good deal. Go to a certain hotel at an hour where you are sure there will be many empty rooms. Oftentimes, the hotel would give you great deals to fill a room. Also, you would be able to see the room up and close.
- Go with Packages. Another great way to get a good deal is to go for packages. Sometimes when you are traveling alone, this is the best choice to go since there are many packages that come with hotel accommodations, airfare and even car rentals.
Christmas is fast approaching and some people have started making their lists. Of course, you want to be a great gift-giver, but what do people really want for Christmas? According to a 2009 study of Journal of Experimental School Psychology, gift givers tend to assume that people prefer fancier and more expensive presents but in fact they are happier with practical and cheaper presents.
You often think that the price and efforts you put into the gift will matter but the recipient does not see what went with the price tag and they only have what you have given and how it will fit into their lives. Some gift givers assume that a voucher for a five-star place will make a love one happy, but in fact a gift card at one of the restaurants nearby will be a more practical and appreciated choice.
Don’t overdo gift wrapping because it raises expectations for the gift. It also increases the risk of the recipient being disappointed if the present does not live up to the fancy gift wrap. There are times when it makes sense to use simple Christmas gift bags than gift wraps that are gorgeous and beribboned. It is like giving someone a Sear’s gift card on a Tiffany box. Unless you are sure that you are giving something overwhelming like a Tiffany ring in a Tiffany box, consider toning down your packaging.
According to a research made by Harvard and Stanford business schools that was published in 2011, gift recipients are happier when they are given a gift that is exactly what they asked for instead of something thoughtful that is not included in their wish list. There is nothing wrong in asking what the recipient wants. Electronics is not romantic but the recipient will be thrilled because it is what was asked for.
This year, make sure you ask your love ones on the gifts they will appreciate. You will never know what is on their minds unless you ask. There are also Christmas gift bags that are more practical and efficient choice for packaging your presents. They are not too ostentatious and yet they are beautifully made to make someone happy.