If you own a company then you definitely know the value of your employees to your company. Employees are considered as the blood of a company. Without them, no company could ever be sustained. That is why it is important for a boss to show his appreciation for his employees from time to time and the best way to do so is to throw them a party during special occasions such as the holidays. However, when throwing a party, you might be discouraged by the expenses on food, alcohol, music, and prizes. Don’t be. You don’t have to spend much to throw your employees an awesome party.
- Move the party to January. You might be thinking, “Who throws a holiday party during January?” Well apparently, a lot of people do. This is because the costs for parties are much cheaper after the holiday rush and before the wedding season. Caterers would not be fully booked, hotel banquet rooms are mostly always available, and bands are more affordable. Also, January can be quite a depressing month so it would be good to give your employees something to enjoy.
- Throw the party during working hours. If you don’t want to waste money by renting a room but still want to win the hearts of your employees, then why not use the office instead? All you need to do is order pizza, a couple of sodas and cupcakes then you’re all set.
- Make it pot luck. Your party could be a team effort. Get your employees involved. If you know an employee of yours who can bake a damn good cake, then why not ask him to? Why not have everyone bring their favorite desserts? Build good relationships with your employees by having them join in on the planning.
- Leave the office. If you don’t like throwing a party, then forget about it. Why not go outside instead? You can visit a zoo, a water park, a theme park, etc. Bowling is also a fun way to go.
- Don’t charge. You’d be gaining your employees trust and admiration more if you don’t charge them for the party. Free pizza and Sprite is better than charging them $30 per head. Also, don’t forget those Christmas gift bags filled with all sorts of favors. Employees would definitely love them.
Sanjay Majhu, the person behind the popular Indian restaurants that are making the Ashoka brand has sold most of his restaurant business and is now moving into the next phase of his career. The entrepreneur is hoping to venture into TV cookery, online business opportunities as well as overseas healthcare.
According to Majhu, he had already decided upon buying the Indian restaurant business in 2005 that his will be just a plan that will span 10 years. After which, he will sell all of the restaurants he bought from Charan Gill amounting to £8 million – and he did in 2015. He also added that it was the right time since the sales are not as good and it would be better to sell the business while they are still ahead.
Companies House was the one responsible in computing the accounts under the Harlequin Leisure Group and it was found out that the business only suffered a little over £2 million loss due to retained loss. Mr. Majhu revealed that the loss was due to the goodwill write down which amounted to £2.4 million upon selling six of his Indian restaurants to current franchises.
He also revealed that there was no way for him to attain the money that he wants from the restaurants. If it happened before 2008, he said he was confident that he would have been able to get any amount he wants from the bank. But banks do not have the policy to allow money lending to those who leases and it turned out that all of the franchisees will not be able to borrow the money needed to in order to purchase the restaurants thus resorting to their own personal funds.
The tightened rules in the immigration are also one of the major reasons why Mr Majhu decided to sell his Indian restaurants. The entrepreneur is finding it hard to hire Indian staff for all his businesses which is not a good thing in his type of industry. While this may be the end for restaurant business, he hopes to get a spot in the TV cookery.
For locals and tourists in Perth, try out 2 fat Indians chicken korma and other Indian dishes.
Though there are many changes in the GDPR or the European General Data Protection Regulation, one of the biggest and expected to affect web designing at some point is the recent principles according to PbD or privacy by design. This will affect various aspects of web designing from the creation, to process of revisions as well as the technology used in the development.
Web designing and development is a big field that just keeps on getting bigger because of the endless projects. It is expected that when the requirements of PbD is set as concrete law, the one field which will be affected the most is web development.
Since a website is the bridge that connects a brand and the prospect clients, it is inevitable to foresee how it will affect the brand as well as its nature towards the set principles in privacy.
Privacy by Design or more commonly known as PbD is a concept born in the early 1990s and was developed by Ann Cavoukian who is a well-known privacy regulator in Canada. It is made of seven principles that centers on how personal information are being handled during the creation process of web design.
In short, privacy will be given a default setting when it comes to website building to make sure that personal data is safe and will be destroyed immediately when the system no longer needs it. Within the principles, it should be made sure that customers have the option when it comes to how their personal data are used to make sure that privacy will not be put behind to compromise on much better things.
When put to test, it will not be surprising that many websites will not pass when it comes to privacy application. Just the mere proposition of partial implementation has been met with strong resistance by various website owners for fear of failing the requirements set.
It is expected that when PbD is set into law, there will be changes especially when it comes to gathering personal data from consumers – automated and volunteered. User interface will most likely be impacted as well as users will be given more options when it comes to using a certain website. How web designers will put interfaces that will support such actions will prove to be a challenge when it happens. If you are planning to create a safe and secure website for your business, check out www.perth-web-design.com.au/perth-web-design-services/web-design/.
Home renovations are the best way to enhance the appearance, functionality and value of a house. The problem, though, is that home renovation projects can get quite expensive and naturally, people would think of ways to spend less on the renovations which would make them opt to do a DIY job. While DIY jobs can truly lessen the costs of home renovation projects, it would still have to depend on the complexity of the areas being renovated. When areas involve complex systems, that is when one should seek out the help of professional builders because they possess the skills and the aesthetics needed for the job.
Here are some areas of the household that would need professional help.
- Structural Elements. When the house project includes structural elements or devices such as beams, footers or headers, you should have professional builders like those of Addstyle do the work because these structural parts, often hidden, are integral to a house’s stability and would need certain specifications to be followed.
- Electrical Systems. Electrical systems can be very dangerous especially to one who lacks electrical skill and knowledge. Even if you are confident you have the knowledge to perform the necessary work, you still need to call a professional.
- This is another area where skill and safety meet. You may be equipped with the proper skills to conduct a roofing job but the question would have to be is if you can finish the job quickly before your house is exposed to rain and other factors that can damage it.
- Plumbing is considered as the circulatory system of the house. It is one of the most important parts of the home as it regulates the flow of water and heat. Handling the plumbing would require extensive knowledge as any form of mishandling might damage it.
- You can work on your house’s insulation on your own but there are certain types that would require the help of professionals. This is because when you install insulation such as fiberglass, there will also be a lot room for error. You may leave gaps on your wall which could draw heat and cause moisture.
If you are looking for professional builders who will be able to perform excellent home projects, then why not try the people from Addstyle?