These days technology is being developed with the idea of environment friendliness built in, a concept that the HVAC industry is making steps towards, seeing as how an HVAC system is usually seen as one of the bigger energy consumers in a building.
Research from the University of Alabama is looking to improve the affordable air conditioning unit in one’s home by installing sensors. The research effort, lead by Dr. Zheng O’Neill, is aimed at finding ways of reducing the energy used by HVAC systems to do their job of heating, cooling and ventilating buildings. The team’s efforts lie in developing testing standards as well as control strategies for sensors, in order to allow them to increase the efficiency of HVAC systems operating in both commercial and residential buildings.
The end goal is to allow sensors on HVAC systems to work efficiently by detecting human occupancy and activity levels in order to adjust the heating, cooling and ventilation.
Dr. O’Neill says that, when the research is complete and implemented, it is expected to result in any HVAC system using the research’s results to cut down on energy use by around 30%, meaning that any affordable air conditioning unit will now be even more affordable, seeing as how energy consumption is one of the bigger costs with an HVAC system.
The team will be testing several types of occupancy sensors, like people counting, or carbon dioxide sensors, comparing failure rates and HVAC energy reduction in several simulated real-world scenarios.
The research received approximately $1.5M worth of funding from the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E), a division of the US Department of Energy. The funding of the UA research was part of its cleverly named Saving Energy Nationwide in Structures with Occupancy Recognition, or SENSOR program.
Approximately 13% of all energy produced in the US goes to HVAC systems, with a considerable amount of it wasted due to being used to ventilate building that are either unoccupied or not occupied enough. The SENSOR program is aimed at supporting innovative and accurate sensors designed to optimize building HVAC systems in order to reduce cost and energy use.
One must treat his eyes with utmost care the rest of his life. Once you ignore changes in your vision or skip eye exams, you put your precious eyesight in danger. One way to protect them is visiting an optometrist in Woronora in times of eye care problems. It should help you keep your eyesight in top shape.
Medical practitioners strongly suggest to see an ophthalmologist the soonest when you experience any of the following symptoms:
- When you lose vision or have decreased vision in one or both eyes.
- There are changes in your vision like double vision, sudden spots, flashes of light, watery or wavy vision, wavy or distorted lines, jagged lines of light or lightning streaks, haloes around lights, or blurry faces.
- When your eyes get crossed, turned in, out, up, down, in pain, or show signs of infection like discharge, swelling or redness
- Change in colour vision
- The number of times you have your eyes examined.
- Adults who notice nothing wrong with their eyes must see an eye doctor based on this schedule:
- Over age 65: at least every two years
- Aged 56 to 65: at least every three years
- Aged 41 to 55: at least every five years
- Aged 19 to 40: at least every ten years.
When seeing an optometrist in Woronora, you should know the difference between an exam for refraction or a diagnostic eye exam.
A diagnostic eye exam will need the doctor to be knowledgeable and experienced in the field of ophthalmology.
A refractive examination includes measuring the sharp-sightedness and the prescription for correction. This examination however will not need a medical practitioner.
Supporting vision team will be required to carry out specific non-medical tests or procedures to enhance the availability of ophthalmologists to furnish medical services and extensive yet efficient eye care for a large number of people.
These people are often supervised by ophthalmologists, who is responsible for carrying out extensive eye care. This may include primary, secondary and tertiary eye care.
To know how to find the right optometrist in Woronora, you may need to check with previous and current patients if they have been treated right by this doctor.
Everyone loves receiving gifts but let us be honest, most of these gifts turn into clutter once the holiday is over. We receive so many stuff and we don’t need most of them. This is why you should give more thoughts into the gifts you are giving this holiday. Think of gifts they will not keep in a drawer somewhere such as personalised art work but rather something they will surely use after receiving.
Top of the list is subscription service because in this day and age, everyone can subscribe to various services be it audio books, dinner, coffee or wine. If you know what the recipient is interested in then you will be able to decide on what to give him or her. Make sure to inquire if the service is available in the receiver’s location. It is not permanent and will end after the contract. Unlike material gifts, this will not clutter the house.
If there are upcoming concerts in your area and you know that the recipient will be interested to attend, you can purchase a ticket for them. It’s not just concerts but it could be other performances too such as conference talks, musicals, comedy night, rock concerts or a play. Make sure to buy two tickets so you can accompany him or her or they can take someone with them.
Money could be a limitation for some when giving gifts but if you have enough to spare, a trip would be an ideal gift to someone you love such as your partner in life. All you have to do is book an accommodation somewhere. It does not have to be in another country. An out of town trip is just as adventurous and budget permitting. If money is not a problem, fly your loved one to their dream destination.
If you want something that will last a long time and they will surely use around the house, a personalised art work is recommended. Adding a personal touch will make the gift more valuable and the recipient will surely know that you put in a lot of effort and thought into the gift.
When a person gains a positive experience with food there is increased motivation to come back for more. This is the reason why the best restaurants in Sukhumvit ensure that they provide their guests with a high level of satisfaction. In order to create a positive influence, restaurants must consider overall reasonable price, delicious taste, favorable atmosphere and food safety.
Aside from gastronomy tourism, Thailand is also focusing its tourism campaign to local experiences. A marketing event was organized by an organization seeking to bring visitors to experience old communities, some of which are even older than Bangkok itself. This is a part of the community-based tourism that is fast replacing the traditional trend of bus hopping to reach tourist destinations where families can take pictures as remembrances.
During the event that was held at the hotel garden, there was a man offering sets of glimmering bowls that were made from copper and bronze. The trade was passed down from the Baan Bu communities, In a corner, foreign tourists and locals lined up to buy gac, a juice made from a red colored fruit that grows in KohSarn Chao neighborhood. In another stall, handmade textiles were shown off by descendants from the ethnic Mon from Bang Kadi community.
The six old neighborhoods that were teleported to Bangkok include Banglamphu, Hua Takhe, Baan Bu, Nang Loeng, Bang Kadi and KohSarn Chao. The trend of offering tours to the traditional neighborhoods of Bangkok is fast catching up with several companies like Hivesters and Local Alike following what AchirayaThamparipattra has started.
Meanwhile, Airbnb, a global accommodation service has recently launched “Experiences” to allow tourists to experience cooking classes and bicycle trips with locals. When tourists experience local communities, they stay longer and spend more than staying at beaches in Phuket and Pattaya.
Meanwhile, nothing beats the popularity of Thai food that is served in the best restaurants in Sukhumvit for both tourists and locals. The food flavors are unique and served in an atmosphere that ensures a delightful dining experience. Restaurants in Bangkok area are different from the usual because the serve with passion and love.
It is always good to have a healthy yet professional relationships with service providers in the industry. This will make it easier for you to access services and even ask small favours to get your needs through especially during peak seasons. If you are in an industry that constantly requires logistics companies in Perth, find out how you can easily transact with them every time you need their services. Filling out the quote form properly and with the right information will make it easier for the trucking company to determine the rates for your needed services. For a faster and convenient transaction, here are some tips.
- Instead of requesting for a quote, indicate your particular transport needs so the company can provide a quote based on your requirements. Indicate when the items are expected to arrive at the recipient’s address, the type of vehicle required for the delivery such as air conditioned, the volume of the order, frequency of delivery and the commodities to be delivered including the terms of payment.
- If you would require regular shipping of merchandise, it would be best to look at the different logistics companies in Perthand hire a single service provider for all your transport needs. This will be efficient for you since you won’t have to look for a different service provider every time you need one.
- Find out if you can customize the offered service of the company including the coverage options and see if you can save money out of it.
- Get some background information on the container transport company to determine its reliability, their contingency plans if there are calamities or road accidents, their business advantages, the type of customer complaints lodge against them and if they can deliver rush orders.
- Call your target logistics company and be upfront with your service requirements.
- Read the service contract carefully especially the fine prints. If you have questions, make it a point to call the contractor for clarifications.
- Find out if your chosen contractor among thelogistics companies in Perth has an online system for easier paymenttransaction including tracking status online.